Wednesday, December 8, 2010

'Tis The Season!

I love Christmas time! Love, love, love it. Believe it or not, when we got married, one of the things I was looking forward to the most was getting a real tree and decorating it for our first Christmas as husband and wife! Yes, I really did get excited about this right after we got married, which was just a week AFTER Christmas.

Anyways, it's finally that time of year again! We went down to Charleston, SC to spend the weekend after Thanksgiving with Andrew's family, so you can bet getting our tree was the first thing we did when we got back on Sunday night. I mean, I've only waited ALL year for this!

I'd say Andrew was pretty excited about our tree also
Stringing the lights...and look at precious Kenzie passed out. bahaha.
Almost there...
... The finished tree!

Of course, I had to bake some sugar cookies to compliment the fresh pine smell we now had in our apartment....Sugar cookies and Pine...the 2 ultimate Christmas scents. And don't mind the orange sprinkles. They were left over from halloween and the only sprinkles I had. Oh well.
Just felt like throwing in this sweet, adorable picture of our little girl. Isn't she just the cutest!?
Next was setting up this sweet Nativity that my mother-in-law lent us. This is the Nativity that she put up every year when Andrew and his brother were growing up. She also mentioned how they loved to hide baby Jesus...
Well I guess some things never change. Notice what's missing? Yes...baby Jesus. Andrew decided to be a little kid again, and hide baby Jesus...again.
The first weekend in December, The City Center in Newport News always has their annual Hollydazzle. I went last year with my family for the first time, and it was by far the best fireworks show I have ever seen. Thankfully, Andrew was with me this year (he worked that night last year...when he worked at good ol' Captn. G's! ha) and was able to see for himself how amazing the fireworks were.
Two days later was Grand Illumination in Colonial Williamsburg, where we got to watch yet another amazing fireworks show. On the way in, we stumbled upon the same little house/area that our amazing wedding photographers, Grant and Deb, shot our engagement pictures! So of course, we had to snap a quick one.
Andrew's parents joined us, along with my parents! It was so great being there with both of our families.

And one more super cute picture of our sweet girl...just because. Melts your heart, doesn't she?


Hope everyone is enjoying this oh-so wonderful time of the year!


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love seeing you guys in VA. Wish I wasn't going to be AWAY when you visit in January. Bummer. We'll have to plan another trip soon.

    ReplyDelete