Tuesday, January 18, 2011

8 reasons why this past weekend was great...

Of course, every weekend is great because...well....it's the weekend! But this past weekend was REALLY great. Here's 8 reason's why:


1) Kenzie got a haircut! I may be weird for saying this, but I LOVE when she gets haircuts. She always looks like a completely different dog, and it usually makes me giggle when I see her right after getting groomed...because she's always so fluffy and sweet! This time before getting groomed, she REALLY needed it because of this.....

Why yes, that is a black GREASE spot on top of her head. She decided to sniff way to close to a dirty car outside, and this is what happened. Andrew and I could not stop laughing at how ridiculous this looked. Fortunately, this happened right before her grooming appt. Oh the joys of a WHITE haired dog. But we love it.


And ta-da! No more black grease spot! Isn't she just so sweet with her little bows, and fluffy white fur?!? We think so.
Love this little girl. Yes, we may be slightly obsessed with this dog. Don't judge.

2) Friday night was date night with dinner at Bonefish Grill followed by the Blue Man Group! (My Christmas present to Andrew)
And yes, that is Bang-Bang Shrimp pictured. DELISH! Along with everything else we had that night. This is definitely a new favorite restaurant, and we will definitely go back.

Quick snapshot before heading into the show.
Can I just say, this show was by far one of the best shows I have ever seen! If you have never seen a Blue Man Group show, you should. Promise you won't regret it. I mean, does this not look awesome?

They had me mesmerized.
The end! So cool.
3) Saturday we decided to make a trip to the driving range. So fun. And so cold. I told Andrew I want to get better at golf so that I can EVENTUALLY work my way up to being able to actually play a round. Ambitious...yes. It will definitely be a while before that happens, but it's a goal. Something to work towards. And something for us to continue to do together :) Best part.

(Don't judge my form too much. Remember I'm learning)
He's really good.
And really cute :)
Love this face


It was great to spend time with my man while doing something that he loves.
4) Saturday night we joined our dear friends , Krystle and Steven, for dinner and an Admirals Hockey game!

They played the Tigers I think? Not really sure. Awful at these details. But it was a great time and the Admirals won!



Krystle and I go way back. She was even one of my bridesmaids. I dearly cherish our friendship and love when we get to hang out!
5) Sunday morning we went to a new church recommended to us by our dear friend Tripp Purks. And we are so glad he did, because we loved it! The message was awesome, and the people were so friendly and so welcoming! One sweet couple even invited us to dinner at their house this Thursday...awesome! So we are excited for this opportunity to explore a new church and meet some great new people.


6) Sunday afternoon, Andrew went to battle my Stepfather, Patrick, on the golf course while mom and I spent a leisurely afternoon at the nail spa. (Thanks Patrick for treating us to this with the gift cards for Christmas!) What girl doesn't love a day being pampered, spent with mom, and getting fun new nail polish!?

Our fun, freshly manicured nails! Let me also just add, this nail polish is apparently some new kind of polish "gel" that is supposed to last for about 3-4 weeks WITHOUT chipping! We'll see if it's true. So far so good.

7) Sunday night, we had dinner at my Mee Maw and Pee Paw's house. For those who didn't know, my Pee Paw is Mexican, and therefore, you will find the absolute BEST Mexican food at their house. Seriously, the best. My favorite thing....my Mee Maw's spanish rice. She learned this recipe from my Pee Paw's mother and it is the most delicious thing ever. She sent me the recipe while I was in Milwaukee, which I attempted but failed. Multiple times. So Sunday night she coached me through it and I finally had success! Doesn't this just look yummy?! And it was in fact...very yummy.
I love spending time with Mee Maw and Pee Paw. They're so fun to be around and time spent with them is always full of GREAT food, good laughs, and awesome conversation.

8) Monday evening (yes I'm including Monday as part of the weekend because "technically" it was a holiday!...so I'm counting it) was spent in Va Beach...mainly to shop for some new snowboard pants for me. The shopping trip was unsuccessful. boo. But we did get to have dinner at Dad and Sandy's house! We enjoyed delicious homemade lasagna, and spent the rest of the evening chatting and catching up. Unfortunately I didn't take any pictures (boo again), but it was definitely necessary to include this as part of what made this long weekend so great.


Hope ya'll had a great weekend also! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment